This website requires cookies to provide all of its features. For more information on what data is contained in the cookies, please see our Security & Privacy page. To accept cookies from this site, please click the Allow button below.
Security & Privacy
This Privacy Statement is used by AMS-Distribution B.V acting under the name Foodworld-XL
Privacy-sensitive data is processed via the Foodworld-XL website. This information is called personal data. We consider careful handling of personal data of great importance. Personal data are therefore carefully processed and secured by us. Our employees and third parties engaged by us are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your data. Any adjustments and / or changes to the website may lead to changes to this privacy statement.
In our processing we comply with the requirements of the privacy law. That means, among other things, that we:
- clearly state for what purposes we process personal data. We do this via this privacy statement;
- rry to limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data needed for the set purposes
- first ask you for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and also requirements of parties that process personal data on our instructions;
- respect your right to provide your personal information for inspection, correct or delete
In this privacy statement we explain which personal data we collect and use and for what purpose. We advise you to read this statement carefully.
When using our website, you leave certain information with us. That may be personal data. Personal data are collected by us in various ways. For example, you can order items through our website, where we ask you to provide us with some personal data to complete the order.
You can also create an account on our website, to gain insight into your orders and to keep track of your wish list. Also when viewing our website on various devices such as a smartphone, a tablet, or a computer, etc., personal data are collected.
Furthermore, you may approach us with questions and / or complaints by post, e-mail or telephone. We will contact you in that case to handle the question or complaint. Finally, it is possible that we collect data from you by means of competitions, and other actions you have taken part in, or if you have participated in a market or customer survey.
In addition, data can also be collected via social media channels (such as Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest), for example when you contact us to ask questions. In that case, we only use your account name so that we can respond to your message.
When you use our website, we can process the following data of you (partly dependent on the data you fill in yourself by, for example, placing an order, participating in competitions or by creating an account):
- Name and First Name (s);
- (billing) address;
- Date of birth;
- Telephone number;
- E-mail address;
- Technical details of the equipment you use (for example from your smartphone / laptop / tablet or a kiosk from the store), such as IP address, MAC address and the software used;
- Your surfing behavior on the website, including mouse and click behavior and the duration and time of your visit on our website;
- Payment details;
- Purchase history;
- Login details of your account.
The above data is used for the following purposes:
- to offer you the opportunity to order articles via our website and to make use of all functionalities and services on the website;
- to process your order and inform you about its progress;
- to communicate with you by sending digital newsletters and / or mail;
- to offer you personalized advertisements and content on the Foodworld-XL website and third party websites based on your interests and your (online) purchase history;
- to send you personalized newsletters based on your interests and your (online) purchase history;
- to process your data for possible participation in competitions and other actions, so that we can reach you when you have won something;
- to answer your questions or to handle your complaints via social media, e-mail, by mail or by telephone;
- to improve our website, assortment and our services online (on an individual level). We do this on the basis of: your preferences, executed market and customer surveys and the use of our website by visitors;
AMS-Distribution BV collects and processes these Personal Data, which are provided by the visitor / customer at the conclusion of the agreement, permission or justified interest.
The provision of these Personal Data for the benefit of a purchase is mandatory and a necessary condition for entering into an agreement with AMS-Distribution BV. If this information is not provided, AMS-Distribution BV may not be able to meet the obligations that we have under your agreement or we can not adequately enable you to meet your own obligations.
AMS-Distribution BV does not store personal data longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was provided or required by law.
AMS-Distribution BV will in certain cases, if necessary for the implementation of the purposes included in this Privacy Statement, transfer personal data to third parties.
We use a third party for:
- Hosting of the website including the developer
- Taking care of payments and refunds
- The Financial Administration
- Sending newsletters
- Sending your order.
Furthermore, we will not provide the information you provide to other parties if you have not given permission for this, unless this is legally required or permitted. For example, it is possible that the police will request information from us in the context of fraud investigations. In that case, we are legally obliged to provide this information.
AMS-Distribution BV does not, in principle, pass on Personal Data to countries outside the European Economic Area or international organizations, unless this is necessary for the execution of the purchase agreement. Should this happen for other reasons, AMS-Distribution BV will determine whether there is an adequacy decision within the meaning of the applicable regulations, and if such a decision does not exist, only the passing on of Personal Data will be provided if suitable or suitable guarantees. In situations of passing on Personal Data you can request a copy of these documents via [email protected]
If you have given permission for this, we can send our newsletter by e-mail. With every communication along this route an opt-out option is included if you no longer have interest in our newsletter. You can also report your cancellation to our customer service
AMS-Distribution BV attaches great importance to the security of Personal Data. We are also required by law to ensure the proper security of your Personal Data. For this reason, we have taken the following appropriate technical and organizational measures, including and where appropriate, to protect your Personal Data:
- All persons who are able to access your data on behalf of AMS-Distribution BV are obliged to maintain their confidentiality.
- Handling a good username and password policy;
- We pseudonymise and ensure the encryption of personal data if there is reason to do so
- We back up the personal data in order to be able to recover it in the event of physical or technical incidents;
- It is possible to guarantee the confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of the processing systems and services at all times.
- We regularly test and evaluate our measures;
- It is possible in a physical or technical incident to timely restore the availability of and access to the Personal Data;
- SSL: We use certified SSL connections (the Secure Socket Layer - Protocol) for the website during the ordering process and all contact forms.
We may change this privacy statement from time to time. Changes will be published on our website. It is therefore advisable to consult this privacy statement regularly, so that you are aware of these changes.
If you have provided us with personal data, you can change this at any time in your account. You can also contact our customer service if you wish to inspect the information provided by AMS-Distribution BV. of you has registered and for the removal or any corrections if these data are incorrect or incomplete.
This privacy statement was last modified on 1-03-2019.